Friday, April 10, 2009

The past few weeks

Spring is showing itself lately, and the kids are spending more time outside. While the daffodils are up, and the pears are blooming, we are still having some cold nights. Two days ago I went out about 5:45 to leave for work, and there was an inch of snow covering everything. Of course it was gone before noon, but it made for a pretty drive once the sun came up.

Spring time is digging in the dirt time again, and as I got our little planter bed ready for radishes and carrots, we found some worms, so our red wagon became a worm hotel. Notice that the girls have the worms, while Jacob didn't want to hold them for the picture (although he will hold them).

We are still waiting for the first official smile, but Philip is making some attempts. I don't think this counts as official, but it looks pretty close. He has a habit of crossing his eyes, which makes him look a little other-worldly, but most times his eyes are working together.

At his checkup this week, the doctor said she heard an irregularity in his heart which she thinks is just a slow development where the valves haven't totally closed yet, but she is sending us to a pediatric cardiologist next week to make sure.



More kids mean less space, so taking a cue from Ikea, we are trying to use our vertical spaces. Now the bunkbeds that Lydia and Jacob have been using (and which Joshua and I used to use) have space for three. This will let Philip have his own room for now. (For those who may worry, there is a board that goes on the top bunk for Lydia and a removable closet rod that attaches to the middle bed for Jacob.)


Last Saturday Lydia and I went out for the evening. Lancaster Bible College was producing the play Little Women and I thought she would enjoy it, especially as it was a musical. She thanked me 3 times on the way home and told me of the million things we could have done that night, this was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment