Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A quickie

We made it back from Florida at 11:13 pm Saturday night--I'll try this weekend to add some more details and pictures.

Jacob went today for yet another test, this time a blood test. As before, God gave him grace and he did well. As he told me when I got home from work, the nurse made reference to some kids who are "kickers and screamers," but he took his little "poke" like a little man. Sharon said he was more bothered that the alcohol hadn't dried on his arm before the needle went in than he was over the needle itself. [That's our little guy--his world is often messed up by things that don't follow the sequence he has established!]

We now wait for the results. This was a muscular dystrophy screening, and perhaps something else, but I'm sure we will find out soon. Thanks again for the prayers for us at this time. Now that we are back from Florida, we are in the real world again and the real things of life are facing us. This uncertain future has already paid some dividends, as I find myself truly enjoying every minute I can with Jacob, and being able to savor helping him climb a tree or spread grass clippings in the neighboring cornfield, or whatever else strikes his boyhood fancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment