Are these peaches or grapefruits?
The kids like the chance to ride in the back of the van as we drive out of the orchard to get our buckets weighed. (Philip was just there for the picture.)
Peach juice on the chin makes for a happy boy.
Making sure the quality is good.
Peek-a-boo.
What is it with kids and ladders?
Sarah Beth kindly said, "I'll stop and smile for you."
My favorite part: the scale. It has to be a hundred years old (and I don't see any "PA Department of Weights & Measures" stickers on it). This year it was "about 70 pounds." They do take off about a pound each for the buckets. Now what are we going to do with them all?
I think it's only Birx kids who like to climb ladders... Lillian is always asking Daniel if she can climb up on the roof with him while he's shingling! I'm pretty sure it's in the Birx blood.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time at the peach orchard! We have 1/2 bushel on our counter but they weren't .50/lb! Great deal -- and straight from the tree! Enjoy! :)