Friday, March 20, 2009

Some quick pictures

Since we have cut back to four days a week, I frequently have longer days. Monday night I got home early, so we wanted to do some family things. Sharon suggested games, but most games are a form of mental torture by boredom for me, so I defaulted to something I thought we could all enjoy, which was baking cookies. I know baking isn't conceived of as a manly activity, but I enjoy it because it is like construction--making things. Besides, there is the added benefit of childhood enjoyment, reading practice for Lydia (recipes), math practice for Lydia (recipes), messy hands and fingers (Jacob & Sarah Beth stirring), and basic lessons on self-dependence and serving others by not being a stranger to the kitchen. Here are the kids enjoying hot, fresh, chewy, oatmeal cookies with chocolate milk.

Sometimes God gives moments of cease-fire during sibling warfare. These two are the most "competitive" in the family, and we need to spend hours looking at pictures like this to remember that there are . . .hold that thought--the ceasefire just ended-- anyway, as I was saying, there are times of peace and children are a delight.

This may be the first foursome picture we have. Some of our baby dolls are still bigger than Philip.






1 comment: