Saturday, December 19, 2009

Native American Humor

Back in October I was researching things to do on our Minnesota trip. One place I visited was the website for the Red Lake Indian Reservation. I thought the following Top 10 list would bring some smiles!

Top 10 things Native Americans should say to White Folks:

10) How much white are you?
9) I'm part white myself, you know.
8) I learned all your people's ways in the "boy scouts."
7) My great-great-grandmother was a full-blooded white American princess.
6) Funny, you don't look white.
5) Where's your powdered wig and knickers?
4) Do you live in a covered wagon?
3) What's the meaning behind the square dance?
2) What's your feeling about Las Vegas casinos? Do they really help your people or are they just a short-term fix?
And here it is, the number one question native people should ask white folks. . . .
1) Hey, can I take your picture?

Red Lake Net News (www.rlnn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment